Sunday, September 13, 2009

Recovery

So its a week after the race, and the recovery is ongoing, to be generous. I tried my first run today and didn't even make it half a mile. I was slowed by pain behind my knee, of which I'm particularly wary. I figured discretion was the better part of valor, and packed it in. I probably won't try to run again until next Saturday, giving it plenty of more time to recover. I may do some more active recovery, trying to ice it, etc.

The week went as well as could be expected. It was difficult getting through the airports, and I needed someone to drive me around for a few days, but I settled in before long. My gait finally returned to normal sometime around Thursday or so, which was about the first time I was able to put my feet back in shoes. I hit the exercise bike hard on Saturday. It felt good to get a sweat on again. I'll probably get on the real bike for a while today to get some outside time. At least that's the plan. Or maybe I'll hit the kayak. Something like that.

We'll see what happens for the rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment