Friday, September 4, 2009

Day before . . .

I'm sitting in my room watcing Tulsa v. Tulane thinking about the run. I have to eat dinner around 7 and then go to bed. Have my drop bags ready. Its supposed to be hot tomorrow, mid-70's, which is even warmer when you are at altitude. Took the chairlift to the top of the climb today and walked down. The climb will be harder than I thought, as it is sections of flat followed by steep uphill. The footing is also questionable. Wish I could calm the nerves.

The presentation was quick and painless. Interesting video from a 60 year old nun that is running the 50 about how she helps AIDS orphans. Something to think about. Trying to eat and drink and stay off my feet. Good swag in the bad. Nice long sleeve, but I love the beanie cap with the race logo down by smartwool. Superior. Now I have to go out and earn it.

Talked with a couple of the other runners. Two were from Florida. One has never been at altitude before. Like him, I just have to keep remembering to put one foot in front of the other and it will be over soon enough. As long as I can keep moving forward, I should finish. The cut offs are pretty generous. Any good running I get in is a bonus that will knock the total time down. Oh, and one of the aid stations will have bacon. How much sweeter can it get?

More on Monday . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment